P R E S S R E L E A S E
Old Village PuEr Pte Ltd is among the Great Taste winners of 2021
Golden Melody OVP Shou PuEr Mini Teacake has been awarded a 2-star award by Great Taste, the largest and most trusted food and drink awards on the planet. Out of 5,383 products worldwide to receive a Great Taste 2-star accolade on Tuesday 21 September, Golden Melody OVP Shou PuEr Mini Teacake will now be able to display the unmistakable black and gold logo, a stamp of excellence that is recognised by retailers and consumers alike.
“A really excellent Pu-erh, smooth and mellow, silken on the palate, with sweetness outbalancing bitterness and yielding a hefty umami sensation.” - Great Taste Award
Christopher Chau, the tea master of OVP Tea, explains: “This is another premium Shou PuEr from ancient tea trees from our collection that get the same award. Last year our first Great Taste Award-winning Shou PuEr, Golden Memories has been benefiting from the black and gold award logo, in terms of international endorsement for new tea lovers, opening doors to new opportunity of WHY NOT TRYING to close the sales without tea tasting during Covid19 period. We shall bring more new and best Chinese teas to Singapore tea lovers every year.”
The Great Taste 2-star award-winning Golden Melody is available online website, and SHARE-THE-JOY offer is now ON while stock last, for an additional bundle of 6s each box, limited for 2 boxes per client at the same retail price of $29.
28 September 2021
For more information:
Business WhatsApp: +65 81108189
Facts and figures about Great Taste 2021:
- Established in 1994, Great Taste is organised by the Guild of Fine Food and is the world’s largest, longest standing and most respected food accreditation scheme for artisan and speciality food producers
- 14,113 different products were entered in 2021 from 108 countries
- 355 judges blind-tasted this year’s entries, including; Joanna Blythman, investigative journalist and food writer, cook, writer, stylist and voice of modern vegetarian cooking, Anna Jones, author, Olia Hercules, Kenny Tutt, MasterChef 2018 champion and restaurateur, food writer and cook, Xanthe Clay, presenter, author and tutor, Steven Lamb, baker and author, Martha Collison, and Kavi Thakrar from Dishoom, as well as food buyers from Selfridges, Fortnum & Mason and Partridges
- Socially distanced judging took place over 86 days at four venues including Guild HQ in Gillingham, Dorset and the Guild of Fine Food’s London home, No. 42 Southwark Street, SE1
- 4,027 awarded a Great Taste 1-star - A food that delivers fantastic flavour. Approximately 30% of entries will achieve this rating each year
- 1,138 awarded a Great Taste 2-star - Above and beyond delicious – less than 10% of entries will achieve this rating
- 218 awarded a Great Taste 3-star - Extraordinarily tasty foods – less than 2% of products are awarded a 3-star each year – don’t leave the shop without buying it!